Sometimes called the “silent killer,” carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless poisonous gas that can be lethal when inhaled.
When the gas is inhaled, carbon monoxide inhibits the blood’s capacity to carry oxygen. This dangerous gas can be emitted from burning fuels such as propane, natural gas, oil, wood, or gasoline. These gases can be released from normal household items such as your furnace, clothes dryer, water heater, chimney, or even portable fuel-burning space heater.
Because of the dangerous nature of carbon monoxide, it’s important to have a properly functioning carbon monoxide detector installed in your home. The air quality control experts at Precision Heating & Air in Dallas, Georgia, explain how you can protect your family and yourself from dangerous carbon monoxide poisoning.